- 1940 - Pune Nagarpalika decided to start a bus service to cater to the need of all commuters of PUNE CITY.
- 1941 - The RTO issued permission to PUNE NAGARPALIKA to run the BUS SERVICE in PUNE CITY AREA
- 2nd June 1941 - permission was granted to M|s Silver Jubilee Motor co, by PUNE NAGARPALIKA to start a BUS SERVICE
- 1st of March 1950 - Bus Services were started under the name and style of PUNE MUNICIPAL TRANSPORT (PMT) in accordance with BPMC Act 1949
- 19th October 2007 - The company, PMPML was formed (viz PMT and PCMT merged.)
Details of BRT project
- Pune has 3 BRT corridors. They are as follows:
- Pilot BRT Katraj - Hadapsar (16kms) where flyover work is in progress (old BRT, Lefthand Bus Stops in BRT Track, In future PMC is ready for developing Ahmedabad Pattern BRT Bus Stops) – Started on 4th December 2006.
- Sangamwadi – Vishrantwadi (7kms) – Started on 30th August 2015.
- Yerawada – Wagholi (8.2kms) – Started on 28th April 2016.
- Pimpri Chinchwad has 4 corridors. They are as follows:
- Sangvi–Kiwale ,(14.5kms) started on 5th Sept. 2015
- Nashik phata–Wakad (8kms) started on 28th Nov. 2015
- Nigdi – Dapodi (12kms) work in progress
- Kalewadi phata – Dehu road (10.5kms) work in progress